As reported by Twinfinite, edition of Famitsu has prepared a list of the most popular games Japanese developers. In total the survey was attended by 128 people, and the places calculated on the number of points that the developers have given this or that game.
While Famitsu does not restrict the respondents to only 2018, so that in the top there are games that came out earlier. Someone of the developers were too busy to get acquainted with an interesting project during a release, and someone just loves their favorite so much that he continues to play it to this day.
1. Marvel’s Spider-Man.
2. Monster Hunter: World.
3. Detroit: Become Human.
4. Red Dead Redemption 2.
5. God of War.
6. Octopath Traveler.
7. Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey.
9. Conan Exiles.
10. Splatoon 2.
11. Astro Bot: Rescue Mission.
12. Dead by Daylight.
13. Fate/Grand Order.
14. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
15. Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection.
16. Cities: Skylines.
17. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
18. Dragon Quest Rivals.
19. Dungeon Maker.
20. Kyoutou Kotoba RPG Kotodaman.
21. Zanki Zero: The Last Beginning.
22. Super Mario Party.
23. Border Break.
24. Teku-Teku Teku-Teku.
25. NieR: Automata.
26. Assassin’s Creed: Origins.
27. Clash Royale.
28. Dead Cells.
29. Far Cry 5.
30. Capcom Beat ‘Em Up Bundle.
The authors Marvel’s Spider-Man from Insomniac Games was flattered and in awe that we were able to overcome Monster Hunter: World.
Holy cow we beat Monster Hunter?!?!?
Arigato gozaimasu! https://t.co/Hj9I3NiH2W
— Insomniac Games (@insomniacgames) December 26, 2018
Famitsu also gives lists of the best according to some developers. Games listed in descending order of «significance» for each person. We pass only a few interesting opinions, and if you are interested in other Japanese, welcome to the source.
• Yoko Taro (Yoko Taro), Creator NieR: Automata, series Tiny Arcade and Capcom Beat ‘Em Up Bundle.
• Takahisa Taura (Takahisa Taura), designer of gameplay NieR: Automata, — The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Splatoon 2.
• Hideki Kamiya (Hideki Kamiya), a game designer in Platinum Games, head Resident Evil 2 1998, Devil May Cry and Bayonetta, — Shanghai Refresh, Arcade Archives: Urban Champion, SEGA Ages Phantasy Star and games NES Nintendo in the subscription Switch Online.
• Katsuhiro Harada (Katsuhiro Harada), producer of the series Tekken, — Battlefield V and Divinity: Original Sin II.
• Hironobu Sakaguchi (Hironobu Sakaguchi), Creator of the series Final Fantasy, — Kyoutou Kotoba RPG Kotodaman and Final Fantasy VI for SNES Classic.
• Yuito Kimura (Yuito Kimura), Executive producer in Cygames, — Fallout 76 (not a typo!) and Marvel’s Spider-Man.
• Yosuke Hayashi (Yosuke Hayashi), Chapter Team Ninja, — God of War and Marvel’s Spider-Man.
• Katsura Hashino (Katsura Hashino), head Persona 5, — Arcade Archives: Star Force and Marvel’s Spider-Man.
• Masayoshi Yokoyama Isamu (Masayoshi Yokoyama), the producer of the series Yakuza, — Winning Post 8 2018.