By analogy with Magic: The Gathering and Hearthstone, Artifact has keywords that make their perception easier. Yes, for each card there is a small description that you can access directly during the game, but it is much easier to navigate by keywords. In this guide, we will talk about each keyword, as well as let us know where and at what point their abilities work.
Understanding all keywords is perhaps the most important thing in Artifact.
Abilities are tied to heroes and upgrades, but some of them may appear due to spells.
They are divided into the following types:
- Active skills require the player to perform an action. Once triggered, they become temporarily unavailable depending on the cooldown.
- Reactive skills - activated automatically when triggered.
- Permanent effects - always active.
- Effect when playing - becomes active when a card appears in the game.
- Effect after death - become active when the card goes out of the game.
The main part of the terminology is relatively understandable, but for each card there is always a small description, allowing at any moment of the game to understand what it can do. The following is a list of key keywords:
- Change - usually refers to the enhancements of attack, armor and health of allies. These are permanent effects that last until the unit is removed from the battlefield.
- Receive - by analogy with the previous keyword, this provides temporary gains until the end of the round.
- Movement - moves the hero to another track.
- Rotation - changes two units positions.
- Call - calls a unit to the current track.
- Stun - a stunned unit becomes silent and unarmed.
- Silence - a unit can not use any active skills, and also does not have the ability to play cards of its color.
- Disarm - a unit cannot attack its target during combat.
- Regeneration - the regeneration of health during the combat stage disappears after checking for death.
- Invulnerability - a unit cannot be damaged this turn.
- Sentence - marks a unit, improvement, or equipment that must be destroyed. Returning damage will help save the sentenced unit, but the sentence ignores "Invulnerability."
- Impulse - the delay between the effects of a spell or ability. Permanent effects are updated, reactive effects are activated, and units sentenced to death or deadly damage are destroyed.
- Cut through the blow - any damage done to the opposite creep or hero will ignore the armor.
- Provocation - units attack a certain enemy.
- Getting the initiative - after playing such a spell, you get the initiative and can immediately take another action. Save the initiative, if you pass the queue, and choose the first action already on the next track.
- Damage return - if the unit dies, this tag is removed instead. The card survives, but it has 1 unit of health. A unit can have only one such tag at a time.
- Dissection - when blocking during the combat phase, in addition to the combat damage, crushing damage is inflicted on neighboring units.
- Vengeance - a unit with this tag, attacked in the combat phase, will return some damage to the attacker. This can happen outside the combat phase.
- Rapid deployment - refers to the heroes. When the hero dies, he is immediately ready for deployment and can be put up on the battlefield at the beginning of the next turn.
- Siege - when blocking attacks during the battle phase, in addition to the combat damage of the target, you inflict siege damage on the enemy tower.
- Purification - removes all effects applied to the unit.
- Locking - blocked cards cannot be played. By applying a lock, you increase its duration. One blocking charge disappears at the beginning of each new round.
The content material: The design of the deck Cards with the characters Track Creeps Attack the enemy Mana Gold and murder The item shop The sequence of...
The content material: Build number 1 - B / G Pauper Aggro Build number 2 - "Red / Black deck" Build number 3 - "Black deck" Build number 4 - "Blue /...
Valve is pleased to announced that during the event, Beyond The Summit Tournament Preview will open the possibility to pre-order collectible card game...